Thursday, December 1, 2011



What to do with all those leftovers?

I don't know about you but I had a gazillion mashed potatoes left over.....after making Jerry peel them all, I thought it best that I do something with them......
My first try was a broccoli soup and it was wonderful!

Broccoli Soup Recipe
  1. Saute one large chopped onion.
  2. Add 1 large can of Swanson's Chicken Broth
  3. Add 2 heads of broccoli (you don't have to chop them)
  4. Cook till broccoli is tender.
  5. Add your leftover mashed potatoes (mine had roasted garlic in them, that really added to the flavor of the soup)
  6. I also added some non fat half and half.
  7. Season to taste......you could use rosemary, thyme, I used freshly grated nutmeg and salt/pepper.
  8. Blend with immersion blender or put small cup fulls in the blender to blend.
  9. Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.....

Turkey pot pie
  1. line a pie pan with a pie crust (I used Pillsbury already made, sorry Martha, but I work full time.)
  2. In a large bowl, add your leftover turkey pieces (I chopped mine about 1"), frozen peas,corn, chopped carrots, left over mashed potatoes (yes I still had more), one can of cream of celery soup, a chopped onion (sauted) then season with salt/pepper.  I also added fresh rosemary and dried thyme.
  3. Cover the top with another pie crust, brush with an egg white wash.
  4. Cook for 45 minutes at 350 or until hot inside...
We served it with a green salad, it was a wonderful and easy meal.  I hope I inspire you to use what you have in your fridge.
Love,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment